Bullsbrook College teachers jingling all the way!

The students of Bullsbrook College received a big surprise at the conclusion of their Christmas concert and book award ceremony with thirteen members of...

Poetry in motion

The year four students at Bullsbrook College have been studying the art of poetry during term four, with their learning culminating in a poetry...

Building safer communities in the Shire of Gingin

Dr Carolyn Harris Johnson Together, the Lancelin Healthy Communities Forum (LHCF), Holyoake Wheatbelt Community Alcohol and Drug Service and the communities of the Shire of...

Have car – will travel! Gingin care group receives their very own car for...

Inspired by the book, Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by American surgeon Atul Gawande, Gingin go-getter Sylvia Kelly has instigated...

100 years and counting

In times gone by, before super highways and fast cars connected our small rural communities to the big smoke, the general store was the...

Moora Speedway launches new mural

Donna Vanzetti The launch of our second mural last Saturday was the culmination of three years work by our club to turn our venue into...

Fifty years of service for Sid!

Sid de Burgh was a 19-year-old kid when he and eleven others attended the first meeting of the Nilgen Volunteer Bushfire Brigade in 1969. Fifty...

New facilities for Nilgen VBFB

A brand-new shed for Nilgen Volunteer Bushfire Brigade’s hardworking crew was officially unveiled on Saturday 19 October. The brigade, who are celebrating 50 years of...

It’s showtime!

It’s that time of the year again – on 19 October the Bindoon and Districts Agricultural Society will hold their annual Bindoon Show and...

Bendigo Bank Camp Hero

Four Gingin Shire students and one staff mentor will be taking part in October Camp Hero this month. Riley Hyne (Swan Christian), Harlan...

Moora Mavericks Nippers finsish season undefeated

Melissa Cameron Moora Mavericks Nippers were undefeated for the 2019 season. They had a very close game against Lancelin in the semi-final and then played them...

Littering making you livid?

This week I spent some time picking up litter in my community and I found myself questioning the mentality of those who litter. Why...