We have celebrated an early Christmas with my family and I gave the much-loved ice cream sandwich a festive twist by swirling a spiced caramel syrup and crushed gingerbread biscuits through the vanilla mix!
I was first introduced to this recipe at a Tupperware party – I can’t remember which of their containers perfectly fits the malt biscuits (certainly not one I own, as I always have to slightly trim the last row).
2 x packets of Malt O Milk Biscuits
600ml of whipping cream
Can of condensed milk
Choice of filling – I have used this recipe with crushed Peppermint Crisp, Malteasers, Oreos – limited only by your imagination!
- Line an appropriate size container with the malt biscuits face down
- Whip the cream until it thickens slightly, then add the can of condensed milk
- Continue whipping until the mixture has reached a spreadable consistency
- Fold in your filling
- Spread the mixture evenly over the malt biscuits (mine are about 3cm high)
- Place the malt biscuits face up to form the top of the sandwich.
- Place in the freezer to set
I used this caramel sauce recipe and adjusted the spices to my taste – cinnamon, ground ginger and nutmeg – and blitzed up some gingerbread biscuits in the food processor to fold through.