Lower Chittering VBFB recognises Max Brown’s meritorious service

On May 5 2023 Lower Chittering Volunteer Bushfire Brigade recognised Max Brown for his meritorious service at its combined AGM and 65th Birthday. From the...

Forget Me Not

In 2022 almost 490,000 Australians were living with dementia and over 1.6 million people were involved in the care of someone with the condition....

Community op shop: The Treasure Trove @ Gingin

Then up spoke bold Carolyn*, the keeper of the door, “This is a shop for everyone, however rich or poor. There is nowhere to...

CWA bring the drama to Bindoon!

Cathy Brown and Annette Howard The much-anticipated Choir & Drama Festival of the Country Women’s Association was held in the Bindoon Town Hall co-hosted by...

44 years, 18,500 journeys and generations of school kids

It was an emotional afternoon on Friday 19 May when Bindoon Primary School students, staff and parents celebrated local school bus driver Andy Gomersall’s...

Gingin VC Jim Gordon returns a hero

The people of Gingin first heard about Jim Gordon’s exploits in October 1941 and were delighted and proud of this quiet and modest young...

Happy Birthday, Bindoon Library

On April 17 this year, the Bindoon Library is celebrating its 60th birthday and we’re very excited about it. And yes, if we want...

Business after hours at the Locavore Store…

Last week we hosted the first Chittering Chamber of Commerce event for 2023 at the Northern Valleys Locavore Store, welcoming approximately 30 representatives from the local business community to sample...

Moora Bed Race wins Event of the Year!

Mavis Blowers The Moora Bed Race and Street Festival, won the ‘Event of 2022’ at the Shire of Moora Australia Day Awards on 26 January...

Keeping reading accessible for people with dementia

In 2022 almost 490,000 Australians were living with dementia and over 1.6 million people were involved in the care of someone with dementia. Dementia...

Swan Home School kids bring a sustainable Christmas spirit to town!

Lois Pearson Just six days out from the Kingsford Christmas Light event registration, the President of Bullsbrook Resident and Ratepayers Association, Anne Janes, contacted me...

Belle Air Airlines Mystery Flight

I assumed that the evening was going to be fun just from the idea of a mystery ‘flight’ with no plane, but the lovely...